ATF used as gas additive???

Has anyone heard of putting ATF in with gasoline to increase gas mileage? A man that works with my wife says it increases the gas mileage by 20-25%.
Comments Please....
Waiving the right to remain silent, "d_waite"

Ask him also to lend you his tinfoil hat. With that, you too can receive the messages he gets from the planet Gnorf.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
said:

ROTFLMAO! That's funny - thanks for that!
Remco

Yes I Add 2 qts to a tank and get an extra 100 more miles per tank.
Tom
said:

Yeah, it will increase your gas mileage: Your car will eventually stop and never start again - in effect not using any gas but also not going anywhere. Don't do it!
Remco

Totally bogus. Don't put it in your gas tank if you depend on your car to take you places. If it worked, you'd hear about it from every news source in existence.
Mike
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Michael Pardee"

Yeah, but it's a BIG government conspiracy, doncha know..?

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
d_waite wrote:

use diesel - it's cheaper.

Ha- you priced it lately? Dunno where you are, but here in Arnoldland, gas is going for about 2.60 and Diesel #2 is over 3.00 around here.
Doug McCrary wrote:

i was being sarcastic so relax there guy. but diesel per quart is still cheaper than atf per quart. i'm still interested whether the op thinks they should use honda z1 or whether they can get away with ordinary dexron!

Don't use ordinary Dexron. The valves won't val and the cylinders won't cyl and the lifters won't lift and the pistons won't work either.
Mike

is
I knew that - but had in mind substituting diesel for gas, rather than as an additive. And that's 'cause I and some of my friends (truckers) have to use the stuff.

Did that same man mention the fact that you can increase your engine's performance by changing your muffler bearings on a regular basis? ;-)

Many people neglect their alternator oil, too. Shameful.
Mike

My blinker fluid is low. Where is it leaking from?
d_waite wrote:

Total BS. Do not do it.
John

I have a special additive, pour a gallon in the tank and get an extra 30 miles just like that! Only $2.00/quart, $100 for a case of twenty.
J.