Rear brake roter removal for 2k WJ?

I'm having trouble removing the rear brake rotor/drum on my 2000 Grand Cherokee. Disk brakes, caliber, and caliber supporting are all removed. Removed clips on wheel lugs. I expected the rotor to pull off relatively easy. I don't think it is hung up on the emergency brake, but haven't figured out how to loosen if it is. It almost seems seized onto the axle hub. Is it possible you have to use a puller, and if so is there a way to get the back plate off so my puller will fit?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed

I've done the rear rotors on my '95 twice in the last two years and both times it took several swings with a hammer from the backside to get each side off, after using plenty of penetrating oil and breaking a puller. And by several swings I mean a dozen or so FULL swings, so don't plan on using this method unless you plan on replacing the rotors. I'm sure this wasn't the right way to do it, but it gives you an idea. Oh, and mine wasn't hung up on emergency brake either, thats the reason I was taking them off this last time.

Reply to
Don

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III