Best way of applying waxoyl type gunk?

Gonna give the new toy that's arriving this week a good chassis waxoyling. What's the best way of applying it? It seems to come with a nozzle type affair? I was hoping to borrow a compressor for the day & blow it on? Can this be done?

How much product would I need & what's the best & cheapest place to buy it from??

Or, are there any other better products about?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

What's the best way of

a compressor for the day

their ads in LRO mention how much of the stuff they use. I'm going to have my next LR waxoly'd and I'll get them to do it as it looks like a pain in the arse job.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Go to a automotive paint supplier (look in yellow pages) and buy at least 6 1l tins of Body Schutz or whatever black muck they sell plus an applicater gun for your compressor.

Park the landie somewhere where the over spray and drips won't matter (ie, not your nicely brick paved drive) and put overalls, mask, goggles, hat and gloves on because you are going to get disgustingly filthy. Put the cans in a bucket of very hot water to warm up and thin the bitumen, screw the first can on the gun and spray away. It will go everywhere and drip on the ground as well but get it into every nook and cranny. When done, stand back, admire your work and then reach for a mountain of rags and some white spirit to get the overspray off the bodywork.

Strip off all your outer clothing and put in dustbin before going inside for a bath. Get dressed, grab a stiff drink and get the white spirit to remove the ring of black scum that is now around the bath before wife/partner sees it.

Sean

73FL74 101gs 1984 110 2.5na Medway Military Vehicle Group
sean101ryan

I would think that giving the vehicle a damn good jet-washing first is also a rather good idea.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP