P38a air-con and steering wheel controls

A friend has been lent at V-reg 4.6lt P38a Range Rover. Both the air-con and steering wheel controls for radio, cruise control, etc. are inoperable (though the heater/blower works the sytem doesn't cool). Does anyone know whether this is coincidental or whether there is some sort of wiring fault which may be taken both systems down? I know it is a long shot, but it's worth asking

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

It could be the rotary coupler on the column has failed - I'm not too sure how you'd go about proving it though.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd