RR Classic Rear Seatbelts

I have a 1985 Range Rover Classic (5 door) and need to fit rear seatbelts for a childs seat. Apparently rear seatbelts were never fitted to South African RRs and thus are not available here either new or secondhand. Should there be mountings for the conventional shoulder and lap type seatbelts?

I have found the mountings on the rear floor and the C pillar though I think this is only for keeping lap belts out of the way. I am sure there should be one near the wheel arches though havent really looked for it yet.

If I were to look for seatbelts what vehicles would have suitable seatbelts that would fit relatively easily?

Has anyone had to do this before?

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

Reply to
paul

Buy new ones from Autoliv - they will know exactly what will fit

Autoliv Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd. Postal: P O Box 3058 Kenmare 1745 Gauteng South Africa Phone: +27-11-762 1067 Fax: +27-11-762 1468 Visit: 19 Fransen Street Chamdor, Krugersdorp Gauteng

Reply to
EMB