Selling Disco 2 - price check?

Looks like I am going to be selling the Disco after all. Anyone care to have a stab at what I should be asking?

Disco 2 Td5 auto, 2001 (Y) ES spec - all the toys, leather, climate, 6 x CD etc Epsom green metallic, no damage or rust, just the odd light scratching round door handles etc Towbar & electrics, all floor mats, rear door ladder, could chuck in a genuine roof rack if required

88k miles, full main dealer service history with last full service at 85k Overall good condition, daily use SRS light comes on intermittently (like a day or two per month) - diagnosed as fault with pass side seat belt pre-tensioner, didn't think it worth fixing. Other than that, no known faults.

What's it worth, guys 'n' gals? Parkers suggests 9-10k GBP, but I've never found them particularly accurate - always much higher than I actually get when I sell, and much lower than I end up paying for a new one. I've been told by someone in the trade that values of all big 4x4s have taken a big hit with the higher tax bands (thanks, Gordon) and that 7k was a better real-world figure.

If anyone on the group is interested, drop me a mail.

Reply to
Rich B

Book value on Glass's guide is around £11k. Mines on eBay at 9.5k but i expect around £9k

Reply to
Nige

Funny, that! A salesman I was talking to today (about a trade-in, of course) reckoned Glass told him 6 to 6 and a half (for 2001 vehicles). He could be lying - in fact, I would count on it, but a search of ebay completed items suggests they rarely make more than about 7k, even in A1 order with low mileage. The ratio of sold vehicles to no-bids/didn't meet reserve price is about 1:10. I wish you luck with yours (I did have a look!), but I'm going to try a few shots at the enthusiast fraternity before I punt it to the general public.

Reply to
Rich B

Swop you for an immaculate black p38 diesel. Only problem being is that you know what i paid for it........

What are you getting instead? you're not going over to the darkside are you?

Reply to
Dave R

BTDTGTTS ...

Dunno yet, anything is possible. Even changing my mind. We'll have a chat and a pint sometime.

Reply to
Rich B

In news: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, Dave R wibbled :

What, darker than black?

Reply to
GbH

Ahh... the force is strong in this one.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just a quick point.

I have a X reg series 2, but because it is registered before Feburary 2001 it only costs the normal Road tax at 180gbp this year. Anything after and including the 1st March 2001 comes under the co2 banding. Intend to keep my "E" spec with cruise control for sometime to come unless I find a nice low mileage series 2 with all the toys reg before March 2001. Regards Mick

Reply to
Mick

OK, it's on Fleabay: 160138115269

See what happens ...

Rich

Reply to
Rich B

Now sold - to a colleague of Dave Reynolds of this parish, funnily enough. Great guy, Landy nut, good home, etc. Very pleased with the outcome.

Reply to
Rich B