I need a Ford 2.3 DOHC cylinder head

These things seem impossible to find anywhere, its for a 98 Scorpio and is the same as the one fitted to the Galaxy - can anyone help please?

Reply to
Jez

yes they are and no they ain't the 2.3 differs to the 2.0 and the galaxy (being transverse) has the "bit's" in the wrong places

ok, so I'm not talking from first hand experience here, but the manifolds are different as well

for a proper answer you will have to wait until the man who has a few floating around gets back to me, but if he's got one I'll let you know

Reply to
dojj

Yes the 2.0 and the 2.3 differ, but I'm informed that the head of the 2.3 Galaxy is the same as the Scorpio. There again the guy who told me cant find either!!!

Reply to
Jez

The 2.3 I4 as fitted to the Scorpio and Galaxy are the same.

The 2.0 I4 as fitted to Scorpio and Galaxy are not the same.

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

there is a thread about it on here

in one of the forums good luck :)

Reply to
dojj

Isnt that a 2.0 though? I want a 2.3 head to replace my 2.3 head. IAnd I don't want to talk about the merits of them or otherwise, I just want to buy one - 2.3 that is.

Reply to
Jez

Jez - I don't know why everybody got confused, I read it that you needed a replacement 2.3 head for, err, a 2.3 engine . . .

:)

Reply to
DervMan

I'd try here, Lyndale Engines (Peterborough) Ltd Fengate Peterborough PE1 5XB Tel: 01733 345256 Fax: 01733 553920

Reply to
Duncan Wood