Nissan ABS Light Staying On

A sister of a friend of mine has her Nissan Primera in for it's MOT and the ABS brake light is staying on and the mechanic ( an independant) cannot locate the problem ..He is certain the brakes are OK but is ,understandably,reluctant to release the car until he finds why the light is remaining on ..He hasn't yet taken it to where he gets his cars MOT'd but is intending asking the MOT place if THEY have any clues as to the problem ...Does anyone here have any suggestions ..??? Would the light being on when it is MOT'd be a fail ??? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The only time my Primeras ABS light stayed on was when I disconnected the fuse (to stop an intermittent ABS problem it had). Check the fuse hasn't blown - the fusebox is to the right of the steering wheel.

Yes.

Reply to
Woof

The only time I've had the ABS light come on was when I spun up one jacked up wheel with the engine and slowed it down with the brake. I had to drive the car normally for half a minute for it to go out.

Reply to
Steve B

On the Nissan JECS ABS system, you can get it to give flash codes to tell you what it's upset about. Can't remember the details, but if you do a search in google (particularly on the Pulsar GTI-R and Primera Owners Club sites) you should find details. Fairly sure you have to turn a switch on the ABS computer unit (normally hidden in the passenger footwell).

Rich.

Reply to
Rich Russell