Polishing scuffs out of glass

Hi,

Got a slight scuffed patch on the door glass where somethings pinged it,

Reply to
Tim S

/If/ you polish it out then it'll be stronger than before

Dremel & several grades of polishing compound.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood coughed up some electrons that declared:

OK, cheers. I have a dremel (well, a clone). I'll get a buffing felt thingy and some compound and have a go.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

you could try this new product thats just come on the market, guaranteed to clean your glass !

reg

reg coughed up some electrons that declared:

LoL

With those, she could do the whole sodding car ;-o

Reply to
Tim S

you could try this new product thats just come on the market, guaranteed to clean your glass.

reg

Blooming 'eck - that came as a shock! Was expecting an advert!

Reply to
John

Pal of mine took out quite a deep groove in his windscreen with the polishing kit from Frosts

Took ages, but worked well.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Ian coughed up some electrons that declared:

OK, I might try that. If I use my "dremel" with the tiny conical felt bit, should be able to keep the polishing highly localised.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

That's how you get a groove, if you use a larger wheel you 'll get a nice smooth hollow:-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

John coughed up some electrons that declared:

It could be an advert for something...

Silicone

Sports bras

Escort services

:)

Reply to
Tim S

Duncan Wood coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yeah, good point. The scuffing isn't deep, just rough. I was just a bit wary of going to town on more glass than I needed to.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S