Weird noise from car

Feel a little daft asking but I haveheard a very strange noise from my 2001 vw polo. Just driven about 30 miles and had parked, engine still running and in neutral I hear this kind of glug glug sound kind of like you hear when you cook a tomato pasta sauce, I'm not even sure it was coming from my car but it sounded like it was coming from the back. I had just filled up with petrol aswell.

And then another sound I heard was little a train missing a few track under the bonet, I had a look and it sounds as though its coming from the front mainly from the left side when you are standing right infront of it.

Was a cold night and engines to do make noises but I was wondeirng if this is anything to be worried about ?

Thanks

Reply to
Tishtash

It's haunted by the ghost of an Italian train driver, madly driving his train backwards into the night. Say three Hail Mary's and walk widdershins around the car whilst picking your left ear with your right hand.

Reply to
malc

Oh my god please say its not so.

I have done as your said and hope the car starts tommorow with no ghostly effects

:)

Reply to
Tishtash

Pass as to what that might be. A belt perhaps.

The glugging could be the sound of depreciation. :) Or a blowing exhaust. Does it do it when cold in the morning?

Good order for hearing the noises; really now you need to listen to hear if they get worse, go away or remain the same...

Reply to
DervMan

I'll check it in the morning as today was the first time I have noticed it. How do I check for a blowing exhaust ?

Thanks, will do so and report back if they don't dissappear. Hopefully it was just a random thing, if not I'm buying a bicycle

Reply to
Tishtash

Be worth listening to the liquid noise and see if it changes as you go through the tank of fuel. I know my estate Passat glugs a bit when the tank is almost, but not quite, full.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

on 05/02/2007, Tishtash supposed :

Might be the fuel sloshing about in the tank, on some cars you can hear it at certain levels of fuel more than others.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield