Re: FAO : PeteM

Hehehe. I've been that stuck in a muddy field in a P38 with bald tyres. >

> I learned a technique during that day which involved parking facing > downhill at all times and getting the speed up outside the field if at all > possible. > > In the end, a tractor was the vehicle more suited to the conditions.

Nothing to do with traction problems in fields, but a bit to do with parking facing downhill at all times.....

At one point, in one of the Carltons I had, the battery was knackered - it'd start if you'd left it a short while, but not overnight, and a bit dodgy if it was an hour or more - so I'd always park it facing downhill if I was going to be stopped for a reasonable while, and when I got home, where there was a very slight slope from the drive out into the cul-de-sac, I'd keep a pair of ramps handy in the boot and back it up onto them to allow easy starting in the morning.

Which was nice.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh - I did a similar thing, except without the ramps. Worked _most_ of the time :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

BTDT.

I also used to back my RWD Scrote into the garage if there was any danger of snow - that way I had a garage length of grip before hitting the 1:4 uphill driveway with a flat road at the top.

It usually worked.

Reply to
PCPaul