ATF

what colour is ATF in the USA? .....

Reply to
jimbo

Normally Red, but beware nowadays it can be more then just color.

Current fluids types

  • ATF+4 - Most Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler * Mercon V - Most Ford, Mercury, Lincoln * Mercon LV - Some Ford(DuratecHE),MAZDA in Europe or Asia * Dexron VI - Most GM products, some Ford applications * ATF-Z1 (Being phased out as of 2011) - All Honda and Acura (except CVT) * ATF DW-1 - All Honda and Acura (except CVT) * SP-III - All Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Kia (except CVT and dual clutch)
Reply to
Zombywoof

I've seen both red and normal "motor oil golden."

Reply to
WindsorFo

OK thanks it is just that the mustang top motor I got posted from the states had "clear" fluid in it and there was some confusion as to what to fill the system wirh when I installed it here in the UK ....I went for DEX

2 ATF which is red.......seems to be working OK.......
Reply to
jimbo

Wait, you did what with trans fluid??? Define "top motor".

Reply to
WindsorFo

em.......convertible soft top motor ....my '92 car motor burnt out ...it said dex 2 ATF on it the 80's one I got replace it said "white" fluid and did have white fluid in it....... ???????......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ/M ...

Oh. LOL. Yeah ATF should work as a replacement hydraulic oil for that. It did on a 1969 XL for me.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ/M ...