Nissan Quest 2004 SL.. BAD AC problem

Hello I have the 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL with various options. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing poor performance AC cooling?

I'm currently very dissatisfied with the VAN for one main reason. Let alone I have to return it to the service dept. for the third time on the same issue. Seatbag issue.

Oh yea.. the Outside roof molding was lifting up as well. Just a minor annoyance, but worth mentioning.

My main complaint has to do with the ineffective AC. I just received the VAN back and the service techs indicated nothing was wrong and that all the new Quests performed equally. I live in Florida and it gets rather hot and humid down here to say the least.

My wife and I ( Few kids) are no longer using the VAN because of the very poor performing AC. I sweat after 20 min of driving.

I have two other automobiles. A vette that's over 10 years old with the converted AC gas and an Acura that is 5 years old. Both autos AC perform very well in the summer seasons of Florida. Now granted, the Quest has a larger volume to cool. But it never really ever reaches a decent comfortable feeling, that?s the problem. I really don?t mind waiting a few min to let it do it?s job, but it never does it?s job unless the season is winter . I purchased the van in 09/2003 and began noticing issues in late spring.

I just called Nissans customer service, which is closed so I'll be calling back on Monday.

Again, This AC problem is completely unacceptable. I'm concerned that Nissan will not fix this problem and stick me with a 30K automobile that I can not use in the summer season.

I will note: Other than the AC my wife and I love the van. It's feels solid, moves quickly, great styling and it's a great kid hauler.

Reply to
93LT1

Is your vehicle fitted with a pollen filter? I had poor performance from my AC on a UK Terrano..traced the fault to a blocked cabin pollen filter.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Skip

Did the AC not function well when you test drove it?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Work your way to another dealer or up the factory chain. I have a '93 Quest with a single A/C and it cools the entire van without difficulty.

Reply to
Bob