Exhaust replacement - need source for OEM

I need to replace the exhaust 'CAT-back' on a '96 SL2. I am looking for stock/factory replacement/oem parts, nothing fancy.

I have only found one source on the 'net: autopartstreet.com aka autoparts-autoparts.com aka "B & B Autoparts", a storefront operation in the Bronx -- not confidence inspiring. Their web page quotes a price of about $145 for the whole enchilada, specifying Walker part numbers.

I have tried the two local parts stores and each claims the parts don't exist (i.e. not in their computer). Dealer wants $409 for the parts alone -- the usual 3x mark-up.

Questions:

o Are exhaust parts for this car available at parts stores?

o If so, can anyone recommend a good store, chain, or ? I am located in Cleveland, Ohio, FWIW.

o Is it viable to order exhaust parts 'mail order'? Will UPS ship them (though I guess they must, how else to get exhaust pipes to Dry Well, Montana)?

-- Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com Consulting Engineer: Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

Reply to
Nicholas O. Lindan

I bought a walker downpipe ($95) and walker muffler w/ strap hanger ($70) from a local independent (non pep boys, autozone, etc) store. Fit perfect and much cheaper than dealer parts.

Due to their size and weight, I would imagine that shipping to a home address for exhaust items would be significant.

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to
Jack Woltz

NAPA has those parts