Toyota Tundra: First Impression

Bolted crossmembers instead of welded.... Pros...simplified manufacturing/assembly, ride quality, material cost reductions. Cons...Reduced capability. Conclusion...if you want good ride quality, buy a Mercedes, Cadillac, Lincoln, Bently...etc. If you NEED a truck..buy a truck, not a grocery cart Toyota. If you are like me and many of my friends...where you have a need to haul 400 gallons of water in the bed and pull livestock in a trailer...Toyota just don't cut it.

Bigger brakes???? Please...They are just catching up and claiming a breakthrough. Power? What good is a few extra horses?...Oh yeah...one more watermelon in the grocery cart...or maybe an extra ball in the golf bag that's neatly placed in the center of the bed.

My take on this whole debate... If you need a truck that's capable, American is the real choice. And no matter what anyone says, Toy, Nissan, etc. are NOT american. I always hear "Ford builds in Mexico"...the company founded in the U.S., headquatered in the U.S., and profits the U.S. Same with GM and Dodge. Ford, Durant, and the Dodge boys were all born in the U.S. Kiichiro Toyoda????? Not American.

Even American cars are equal...if not better in some cases. Problem is...there are that many brain dead people out there. If you are told "X" is better than "Y".....most will follow. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. It just takes giving it a chance. Drive a Fusion and get back to me.

Reply to
super88

Sadly, there are not any really reliable data on the longevity and long-term reliability of vehicles. However, what data are out there suggest that for older vehicles, like from about 2000-2003, the cars from Honda and Toyota, on average, were more reliable than the American cars.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Can you define SUGGESTS and MORE RELIABLE for us?

mike

Mike Hunter