Toyota Tundra: First Impression

I can be adopted......LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I can help you through this aversion of yours. But it will take time and patience.

Reply to
mark digital©

I am in line first with Grandpa Mike.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I have both.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

After a year with the Frontier, I am unimpressed with it "toughness." It is a decent ride around truck, but I'd hate to subject it to anything rough. The frame is pathetic looking compared even to a Ranger. The engine is a great race car engine, but a lousy truck engine. The truck rides nicely, but by Father's 8 year old Ranger will haul a larger load without bottoming out the springs. The Nissan 4WD system works well, but it worried the heck out of me yesterday when it refused to shift back to 2WD (I had driven throught a rather challenging mud hole).

How about one that breaksa bone when he runs into the walll...do you just let them tough it out?

I have one goal for my Son - get him out of high school and into college. I put him to work on my farm, but anything that interferes with school is forbidden. My son has to get to school. I have three choices - take him and pick him up daily, pay someone to do it, or let him drive. The last option was the cheapest. If I said he had to pay for the repairs to the Vue, he wouldn't be able to, so I'd end up carrying him to school and paying for the Vue. He actually paid for the Firebird out of his own savings - it was so horrible he wiped his savings out. Getting the Mustang has worked out really well. It was dirt cheap, and has been bullet proof. The amount I was spending on gas has even gone down. It is an unbelieveable bargin.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Exactly what does your son do to vehicles?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

If the trucks from GM, Ford, and Dodge are superior, why can't be sold for higher prices than the Tundra?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

That is a very good question. I spent a lot of time shopping for a new truck last year. I didn't want a full size truck. I wanted someting a little smaller, but bigger than a Ranger. However, I did priced larger trucks. I was shocked when I found I could get an F250 for less than a Tundra. It was ridiculous. I don't understand how Toyota could sell one at all. A fourth rate truck for a first rate price. It was silly. I didn't want the F250, and couldn't stomach the Toyota dealers. I tried to negotiate a price for a Tacoma, but the Toyota dealers were so full of s$%t that I ended up in a Frontier. Tacomas are over priced to begin with, and the local dealers try to add ridiculous doc fees. Yet despite screwing their Customers they are able to sell the trucks. It make me think Toyota buyers are brain dead. If you go merely by specifications, the Tacoma is inferior to the Frontier. If you drive one, it is even more inferior. Yet Toyota charges thousand more. Go figure. Do Toyota buyers even consider anything else?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Worried about what? In 2006 Ford sold 34% of the truck market and GM 30%. Toyota was a distant fourth at a measly 5%

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, just sold by a US corporation.. The kids can buy whatever they choose but they pay the price.

I have owned plenty of import brands, but I will no longer spend my money on import brands. I believe, as do the Japanese, that we should buy from our own manufactures first to help our own economy.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The F150 has outsold the Tundra big time during those five weeks, as well

You are free to believe whatever you choose, go drive and price both and see for yourself, WBMA. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I'm still waiting for you to come down to Key West so I can get you drunk. I'll be here another week or so ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Do you really think that many people are brain dead? Seriously. Put your pride aside and look at the facts. It is not likely that there are that many brain dead people out there. This means that for some reason Toyotas must be superior. If you've never owned one then I can see your confusion.

Dante

Reply to
Dante

That's before the new Tundra. We'll wait and see. ;)

Dante

Reply to
Dante

So helping Toyota employ as many workers as they do in America is not helping the economy?

Dante

Reply to
Dante

Maybe they've sold that many because they have the stock. Toyota is still working on that.

Dante

Reply to
Dante

When one sell millions of trucks a year they can be sold for less then those from a manufacturer that sells a few thousands... It is called economies of scale. You might think of that when you price a Camry. Why do they cost so much more than their competitors mid size sedans? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I don't know how the 2007 Tundra compares, but the 2006 Titan was a better truck than the 2006 Tundra yet the Tundra out sold the Titan. On must wonder about Toyota buyers. Could it be because the Titan is actually made in the US, with a 1 in the VIN, rather then just assembled of imported parts and therefore it can't be any good? ;)

If you want to see something funny go to a race track and notice how many of the GM, Chrysler, Toyota and Honda race cars that are pulled to the track by FORD trucks. I guess they know you can't win a race if you don't get to the track. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

ROFL....

Just now??????

Reply to
Scott in Florida

No, they have eliminated far ore better paying jobs than they created and take the profits out of the US, federal corporate tax free.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter