You guys think Toyota parts are expensive...

The floor pan and suspension are basically the same as Lotus, with a central backbone. I believe the DOHC head was assembled by Yamaha.

Reply to
Ray O

The whole car was designed by Yamaha, including the engine. The engine was the basis for almost all the twin-cam heads that followed, including the

4A-GE and the 7M-GE (two engines I know pretty well, and the heads on those were provided by Yamaha as well)

Yamaha offered the car's design to Nissan initially, but they refused it, so Yamaha went to Toyta, who accepted the design, but, unfortunately, didn't build enough of them!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku