92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

By the time you're ready to get a new car, the Honda Jazz will be out and I bet it will get better milleage than the Echo with nicer features.

Reply to
Nightdude

I had all my 4 rotors turned and had no problems, but I was smart and used OEM pads, not aftermarket crap. But it was done on the car using a lathe, not off the car. Those one take way too much out of rotor to be useable.

Reply to
Nightdude

I get a vibration at 90-110km/hr when the car is cold. After about 2-3 kms, the vibration is reduced and eventually goes away. It's worse if I floor the accelerator instead of a steady slow acceleration. I had tires changed and it still is doing the same. What could it be? My suspension was checked and few parts replaced (lower ball joints, one tie rod end). There's no play in the suspension now. Could it be the axles (rubber still good, didn't burst) or wheel bearings (one side already changed)

Why does it go away after a bit of driving? I heard of having a flat spot on the tire when leaving it overnight and then driving away, but I changed tires (GoodYear Assurance TripleTred) and these are only H rated.

Any ideas? Car has 194,000kms.

Adrian

Reply to
Nightdude

That's only true if you don't change the oil drain plug washer. My Acura has close to 200,000 kms and not a leak from drain plug.

or if you really really overtighten the bolt, which some places like Jiffy Lube might do because of liablity issues with having the bolt come off and seize the engine when all the oil runs out.

Reply to
Nightdude

Is there any grease leaking out from around the inner CV joint boots? The inner joints will cause a vibration on accell when there is not enough lube. The grease probably thins out and lubes the joint sufficiently when they get warm but not when cold. If there is any signs of leakage at all I would have the joints repacked with the correct lube.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of this, so I googled. I see it's currently a 1.4 liter engine. That's a good start, AFAIC. And 83 hp! Ha ha ha... um, but if it gets over 40 mpg, fine. :-)

Dunno whether it's available anywhere in the U.S. yet, like you imply. The hits I got seemed to be from Japanese and UK oriented sites, in general.

"Nightdude" wrote

Reply to
Elle

I have had the displeasure of having a drain bolt strip out on my daughter's '93 Accord at about the 180K mile mark. I had done the last several oil changes, and before that the previous owners took it to Midas. But each time I removed the bolt I noticed a few shavings in the threads (I used a new genuine Honda washer and filter every time - this is not the place to be cheap). Eventually the wear was too great and the threads just didn't hold.

I've done my own oil changes for 30 years, and Hondas are the only ones I've seen do that (two out of about a dozen cars). Our 20 year old Volvo has 234K miles now and is on the original drain plug. Our local NAPA has single and double oversize drain plugs for Hondas, so the problem must be fairly common. But Googling "stripped oil drain plug" with various makes turns up no big spike in hits for Honda over other brands, so my experience may be a fluke.

BTW, I haven't found an official torque for the Accord drain plug. Haynes is no help ("tight enough but not too tight" or something like that) so I do it by feel - when the plateau in the resistance changes to a sharp increase, I figure the crush is done.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

OEM is really the way to go. The last time I changed pads on my Volvo I used OEM pads and BAP rotors. The rotors are more seriously worn than the pads now! The original rotors made it nearly 200K miles with less wear than that.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

33 lb-ft.
Reply to
Steve Bigelow

from what ive read. its supposed to be out this september. or at least introduced this fall, maybe for a spring '06 release. i rememer researching the EU model, and its got some trick back seats that fold flat. right in time for the current gas crunch, too. i bet it sells well. so basically, good luck getting one at a sane price.

might make dealers more willing to deal on echos, though.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Wow! That's pretty tight!

Reply to
Bruno

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to buy a radio with pre-amp outputs.

Reply to
gil

there are two different Bose radios in Legends, the standard and the premium. If you have the premium Bose system, the speakers are 2 ohm and you have to get around the Bose amp.

If you have the premium system, its usually replace all of it or none of it.

Reply to
Stuart Gordon

There's no leak but I was told that my boots are going to be destroyed soon, as it's in a semi cracked state.

Should I replace the axle or repack the joints with new grease ?

Reply to
Nightdude

If there is no damage just repack them with new boots.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

Seems like a lot to me, but I was quoted $315 an axle ($630) to turn the rotars and replace the pads by my local Acura dealer. Also seems fast that the pads were worn 90% front and 80% rear at 34K miles.

Reply to
Carl Price

Was there a recall on the 200 Honda Accord's (SE)? My mother has the same issue. There was a recent recall for something else that came in the mail recently, but I can't remember what it was for. I think it was for something different. thnx

Reply to
rastapasta

If you are in need of new carpet for your car or truck, please visit us for the highest quality ACS/Dorsett Carpet at the best price on the web.

Auto Carpet Professionals

lol ---- well, make that a '2000' Honda Accord SE.

Reply to
rastapasta