Broken door handle 1997 A6Q

I cannot open the driver's-side door from the inside. It latches normally and opens normally with the outside handle. Does anyone know how to remove the inner door panel? Are there any special precautions for the power window and locking mechanisms?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
A. S. PACK

I don't know about the '97, but the '99 has a small screw at the top-front and top-back of the door panel that is not exposed when the door is closed. Remove these screws and pull straight up. The panel is held in place inverted plastic "u-clips"

Stu '99A6AQ

Reply to
Stu Hedith