Elec. mirror only works side to side.. not up and down

Hello. My drivers side external mirror will only move from side to side and not up and down. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, what could it be? I've checked the wire and it is plugged in correctly. Fuse??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, M D Phillips

Reply to
MD Phillips

Could be the gearbox in the mirror itself. Is there any noise when you move the switch?

Reply to
Steve W.

The only noise I hear is somewhat of a click when I release the switch. It is not a steady clicking. It almost sounds like a relay of some kind. I just had my vehicle cleaned....... not sure if there is any connection with that, though. I can't say for sure that it worked prior to that. It did work when I first got the vehicle. I don't move it once it is set so can't say for sure.

Reply to
MD Phillips

:-)

It may come to that but I'd like to get this one working.

Reply to
MD Phillips

install a manual control

Reply to