transmission fluid

Hello, my question is, which transmission fluid is better when towing a R.V. trailer, synthetic or regular. I have a 98 Silverado half ton and a 5.7 engine and I am due to change the fluid and was wondering which was better. Thank you.............Ed

Reply to
Ed Atyeo

Mobil 1 synthetic and a tranny cooler. No more worries.

Reply to
Sigwings

Both are right on! DEFINATLY the trans cooler! Mobil 1 or AmsOil!

Reply to
Shades

so what about Red Line or Royal Purple?

Snuffy

Reply to
Snuffy Smiff

Don't recall hearing of red line and don't know much or have heard much about royal purple. Mobil 1 and AmsOil are PREMIUM products. Tried, proven, and trusted!

Reply to
Shades

Reply to
Ed Atyeo