PT bumper reply from Chrysler

After discovering tape markets showing up on my 2001 PT bumper and posting it to this group, finding out that it was common, I emailed Chrysler and got the following reply. Do you think I should remind them that Ford and GMC repainted truck hoods at no charge, LONG after the warranty expired. And the warranty didn't cover paint!

Your recent email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation was received and reviewed by the Customer Assistance Center regarding your PT Cruiser

Your concerns, particularly in view of the expense and inconvenience involved in this issue, are understandable. However, your request for consideration in this matter must be declined, because the vehicle in question has exceeded the time or mileage limitations of the manufacturer's warranty at the time the expense was incurred.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

I would recommend making a web site with a picture of your bumper and invitations to others to send in pictures of theirs for posting. That might get Chrysler's attention.

Reply to
Art

I haven't heard anything about PT Cruisers having problems with: Timing belts, head gaskets, fuel pumps, wiring problems, or front end alignment problems. We own 2 and they have been very reliable. As usual Nomen, you don't know what you're talking about. Bub.

Reply to
SRG

you have never owned a Ford or a Chevy have you?

KS

Reply to
Kevin

Nomen, and that is different from any other auto produced.

The PT has been a good product for Chrysler, and many of their products are. We own nothing but Dodge products, and have had 5-6 Rams,

15+ Stratus series, 5-6 Intrepids; and have had alot less problems than we have had with ANY other brand!

- Agreed; you dont know what you are talking about!

Reply to
DudLee Brennfoerder