timing belt

my 94 voyager has about 136,000km on it and i have never changed the timing belt. When should i change it and how difficult is it to change myself. How much would this cost me if i took it to a mechanic.

thxs, Mike

Reply to
mike113

David Allen

You can do it. Take digital photos while you're taking it apart and use them to help get it back together. Mine took 2 days.

It was easier than changing the AC condenser. :-(

mike113 wrote:

Reply to
Paul Layman

If it's a 3.3, does only the passenger side motor mount need to come off and the A/C compressor needs to be unbolted and set aside ?

Nick

Reply to
ncs

If it's a 3.3, you don't have a timing belt... but a timing chain.

Reply to
David Allen

True, is the rest of my question correct ? thanks,

Reply to
ncs