Latest threads in Chevy Corvette Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

windshield and pillar rust repair Q
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I removed the dash and windshield today, to find out the was a lott of rust on the windshield. The area's that concern me the most are on the bottem corners left and...
2
2

gas mileage around town
And never more than 55 in the fast lane, eh dave..you uneducated fundy POS..
19
19

Leaf spring replacement revisited
I queried before and found several sources. A few replied and you may be interested. I am leaning towards a 330# with the KYB gas shocks as opposed to Munroe, delco or Bilsteins for my particular...

Starter problems, 350 to 400 turbo
I have put in 7 starters on my 383 chev engine in a 74 vette. I started having starter problems with previous emgine (stock 350) and had engine builder build a 383 for a little more go, etc. Since I...
3
3

NY Auto Show
Avoid the large crowds...vsit the GM show area.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
3
3

Mice in car
Hi All, Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse. Found a large mouse nest under the console by the...
10
10

Why GM can't sell cars ( besides poor styling )
Went to the Chevy dealer for a new key ( $32.50)..stopped to look at several cars..I was totally ignored by the sales people who were doing their own thing (talking ,reading whatever). I was well...
8
8

1996 LT4 Oil Presure Problem
I have a 1996 LT4. The analog oil pressure guage drops to zero and the "check guages" light comes on when the car is idling. The needle moves when the car is under acceleration and the light goes...
4
4

body mounts question
I'm in the process of a full body off restoration on a C3 (79). I pulled the body of the chassis and now I see that the steel reinforcements on the number 1 and 4 mounts (on the body) are completly...

Optima Batteries
Anyone have any recommendations for Optima batteries? i.e. what size will fit '95 coupe. Does anyone have one installed in a C4? Here's a link to the pics... never get tired of looking at this thing,...
5
5

GM takes a heavy hit..
The lasted insult to GM is that a "Survivor" car winner sold his ASTEK..one of the ugliest cars ever made...will GM ever learn ..even for free no one wants some of their designs....meanwhile back at...
3
3

my first vette
Hi all, I'm about to purchase an 87 convertible.. black with grey leather. 4 + 3 speed manual. I was wondering if any of you could give some advice on what to look for while checking it out. I am...
2
2

05 convertable yellow on black
Loaded with every option including power top. $62,877.52 plus tax (6%) am I paying too much? Thanks, in advance Gina.
11
11

C5 BREAK QUESTION
I have a C5 with 5800 miles on it. The brakes started to squeal within in 50 ft of stopping. All others times the breaks are quite. What could be causing this problem? Thanks, mark
18
18

Documentation
Does anyone know of a website or method of documenting a pre 1981 corvette? Something like Car Fax for antique cars? I'm trying to sort the history of my '73 and having some difficulty. Thanks, Rick
3
3