OT - road runner isp

I just got "migrated" to road runner from comcast.net. I had to do the usual reboot of modems and routers and immediately lost 90%+ of my internet speed and access to giganews, comcasts outsourced nntp server. NOT happy, called road runner, busy signal, sent message, no response (okay, automated response just came in) yet. I've checked dslreports.com and found LOTS of unhappy campers there. VERY poor service reported over there.

I think I need an alternative, dsl is probably out, I'm about 24,000 feet from the CO. I'm thinking of going with dish network and wonder if anybody has any comments on that? It's high, the platinum service is $80.00 for 1.5 Mbs, pretty slow compared to what I'm used to.

I may bail out altogether. This is pretty frustrating.

Reply to
BigIronRam

I just saw this in dfw.internet.providers. I feel for ya. All I can say is that I'm really happy with my DSL service. I know my addy says Verizon but I'm actually with SBC. It's about the only thing SBC does right. Check again for DSL and switch to it if you can. Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I agree. I'm with Bellsouth DSL and I absolutely love it.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

I've got Alltel DSL and its great. better than the cable service I had in Nashville. id seriously try to find out for sure if you can get DSL

Reply to
Chris Thompson