Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Windows wont roll down
I'm having a problem with the power windows not going down on my 92 ford explorer. It wants to move but cant for some reason???
1
1

'97 compressor not running
I can turn the compressor, but it won't "engage." The fanbelt part turns. the inner part turns by hand. Is there a thermal switch that kicks on the clutch? I've looked for a fuse, but no luck. Is...
1
1

4.0 OHV Idle Problem
1995 4.0 EB with 135K miles. Runs great - usually. For just the second time (last time was about 4 months back) would not start after a 20 mile freeway ride. After a brief stop, immediately stalled...
1
1

heater/cooler door module '97 explorer
I cannot regulate the temp any longer on my '97. The dealer says its the "door" module and will take 10 hours to remove the dash and get to it. He says it will cost $1200 to fix without even looking...
1
1

Oxygen sensors no reading
I've been getting a P0420 code lately. When I check the Oxygen sensors I get no data. I'm using the Auto Enginuity scan tool on a 98 XLT (100,000km). I was looking at the wiring diagrams last night...

fuel guage
I have a 1993 explorer, 4.0, 6cyl, 5 speed and I love it! The problem is the fuel guage all of a sudden stopped working. When the ignition is in the "off" position, the needle will move to read a...
3
3

get gas from tank to run generator
Has anyone heard of a kit that you can pump gas from your car into gas cans? I live in Florida and when power goes out here, you can't even get gas from the gas stations. Last year I had gas in three...
10
10

CARFAX Question.
Apparently carfax equates titles to owners. It does not verify that if title went from John Doe to John Doe that it's the same person. It just assumes a different person with the same name.
12
12

Help needed with erratic speedo on 96 Explorer
A few weeks ago the speedo in my 96 explorer started to behave erraticly. The needle was bouncing up and down at all speeds. Also it apeared to show the speed about 10-20 km/h too slow. At this time...
5
5

Transmission contamination
Can any one tell me what can cause contamination of you transmission
3
3

94 Explorer Power Window motor help.
Got a 94 EB 4x4 Explorer. Noticed that the drivers side rear window motor turns over as I can hear it however it takes a while before it catches and sometimes works. Saw general directions for...
5
5

FA: 91-94 New explorer RH door handle
Have a new in the box, never used, RH (Passenger) door handle for a 91-94 Ford explorer up for auction on ebay. Got rid of the car and don't need the handle anymore. The color is gray. Here's the...

99 Explorer smoking since changing plugs and fuel filter
Since changing plugs and fuel filter, my Explorer smokes when first started in the morning for a couple minutes. Occasionally, it will run at a fast idle before dropping down to normal idle speed. It...
3
3

2000 Explorer Power Seat Stopped.
Hi All. I have a 2000 Ford Explorer with 6 way power seats (does not have memory feature) the seat stopped working in the reverse direction. Goes forward, up and down but not toward the rear. Is there...
4
4

98 Explorer sohc 4.0 timing fix
Hello. I have been searching the web for weeks looking for information on the timing chain and intake manifold fixes on these 4.0's. I have had the truck since it had 98,000 miles on it, it now has...
12
12