I have a 96 econoline 350 that is also an RV. I have a question about the dash board...how do I take it apart so I can replace the radio and fix the cigarrette lighter?

Also, what was the largest v8 that they put in those things?And is there an easy way to make it make more power?

Thank you.

Reply to
ConFewzHed

You don't have to take out the dashboard to replace the radio or the cigarett liter. When you buy a new radio there are two u shape pieces of metal that will have you wondering what they are for. You will notice two holes on either side of the radio that make no sense being there. Just loosen all the screws holding the radio in and using them funny pieces of metal into them holes you pull it out. If it does not come out easy you missed one of the screws. Once you have the radio out you should have access to the whole passenger side of the dashboard and some access to your dashboard lights. The only time you need to take out the whole dashboard is when you are replacing it. You will still get scrape knuckles.

Reply to
esteli

There is no easy way to get more power from a large block V8 It would just be easier to put a diesel engine into it if you need more power. Diesel is much more powerfull than a gasoline engine anyday.

Reply to
esteli