Amsoil for Escape

|WalMart will change your oil using Mobil 1 and a new filter for $29.99 |complete. You can't beat that with a stick.

As soon as we get a Walmart, Reece, I'll look into it.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

|I've been using Valvoline All-Climate 5W20 in my '02 Escape since the first |oil change with no problems. I pull into the oil change center, they check |everything including tire pressure (even though they go with a little more |air than I like) and wiper fluid, change the oil and filter for $24.95, and |I don't even have to get out of my vehicle. Works for me! | Tom F.

Well the price is right for the oil. $1.89 / quart. So, 5 quarts ( 4.5 used ) that's $9.45 + tax for the oil. Filter is something like $3.xx

Total parts for oil change in this case, under $15.00

Why don't I bring it to an oil shop? Because I don't trust the little bastards, in a nutshell. When I do an oil change myself, I _really_ go over all the fluid levels and check hoses and such, I don't PRETEND to like a lot of the little nitwits at the local Pit Stop.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

========================== How in the hell are you going to prove a defect in their product caused a failure? Mobil 1 doesnt offer it because it is stupid. Amsoil can take their "warranty" and put it where the sun dont shine if you ask me. And if you could prove it, and it paid off, why would you want to use that crap that caused your engine failure anyway? LOL

Reply to
Scott M

Sorry. No troll here. I was just concerned about the Ford Dealer telling my what kind of motor oil had to be put in my automobile. I figured they were out of bounds on that. And I was right. I just happened to wander over to Amsoils website where they pointed out my rights as a consumer. This has nothing to do with trolling.

/Motorcraft

Reply to
Greg

I can give you the telephone number to Springdale, Arkansas Ford dealer if you would like to call them and hear the same thing I did.

/Motorcraft

Reply to
Greg

Thomas Moats

I know, I got a Mobil 1 change there last week. :-)

CJ

Reply to
CJBrown

This same crew has been here for at least a couple of years now. While I don't trust them implicitly, I trust them enough to keep coming back. If there was an easier place to bring my used oil, I'd do it myself like I had been doing for years. Granted, it's cheaper to do it yourself, but I've grown to like the convenience of them doing it. I still change my own air filter since I don't want to pay the $14 that they want to charge, and I do check over everything they've done after I get home. Just a matter of personal preference, I guess. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

I stand corrected and offer my apologies..no slight intended.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I like having the oil changed at the dealership. They keep the records on their system. And if I decide to trade in the Escape, then they can see that it was maintained on a regular basis.

Reply to
Greg

If you decide to trade in your Escape, they won't care if it's maintained. They'll just give you a book wholesale value for it. As long as it runs and is resellable, it's fine.

Reply to
Rex

========================== And still give you the wopping whoesale price for it....(if your lucky)

Reply to
Scott M

Chemical analysis of the oil, combined with physical inspection of the failed parts.

Maybe Mobil doesn't feel they need to offer it to reassume their customers about their product because they put all of their eggs in the advertising basket. I'm not an Amsoil rep, just a user, but every person I've met who uses the stuff swears by it. And when I open the oil fill cap on my CV, even at 107k miles, I don't see the slightest hint of sludge.

So, you refuse to buy anything that has a warranty? If they thought their product would cause harm, they wouldn't have opened themselves up to the exposure of offering a warranty.

Reply to
The Ghost of General Lee

============================ I just replaced the valve cover gaskets on my 94 pickup. 111K miles not a sign of sludge. Only use regular buck a quart oil it. I change it about every 4K. The bottom line is all of the API cert. oils are very good. Good at lubricating, good at keeping the engine clean. The key to longevity is change the oil every 4K or so, or when the manufacture recomends it.

Reply to
Scott M

Yeah, I pay more for the oil, but save in the long run with EDIs.

Reply to
The Ghost of General Lee

Extended drain intervals? EDI? How muck does that oil cost? Im guessin $4 a quart. You let it go 16K miles between changes? You know you can have the best oil in the world that lasts forever, but that wont keep the bad stuff out of it like water and HCs (gas), and other corosive things that build up in the engine's oil.

Reply to
Scott M

regular oil. The benefit is that it flows very quickly in -30 -40 or so. I admit it is a little expensive, but it's just for winter, and a lot less expensive than a new engine, Battery ,Starter motor. They all suffer in these temps. Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

======================= Thats true, if I were in Canada in the winter I would probably use it too. But where Im at "cold" is about 50 F.

Reply to
Scott M

Well you're both the kiss of death. =)

Reply to
Greg

+50F ?Would you like an old man for a tenant ?:-)) Gerry. >
Reply to
Gerry