Clutch replacement -- 1993 escort lx

I have just had to go and recover my car from the tranny shop after the clutch had gone. It has been in the shop for FOUR weeks (I have a lot of patience) and the guy has just given up on the clutch. He tells me that the suppliers do not have a unit for my car. Does anyone know if there was something special about the escort in that year (1993)? It might be that this was a european imprt to Canada, but I would think that the clutch would be pretty standard stuff.

I live in the Naigara region and would also appreciate any recommendations for shops that can actually DO the work!

Phil St. Catharines, Ont

Reply to
pdc

Try your local FORD dealer, WBMA.

mike hunt

pdc wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

I know of a trans. shop in Greece, NY (just outside of Rochester). They replaced the clutch in my '91 Escort a couple years ago. Contact me directly if you want this shop's contact info. It's probably too far to tow your car to, but maybe they would give you some information if you asked.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson