Cambelt replacement schedule ?

Hi folks,

I have a 04 1.8 ghia ford focus and its done only 40k an was wondering when the cambelt is supposed to be done.

The history of the car is its just had the usual servicing but nothing else.

On my seat leon it was 60k or every 4 years.

Just wondering if I should get it booked in to get done ?

Reply to
ianhopkins

Yeah, in 20,000 mi.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Official figures from Ford are 100,000 miles, or 10 years, whichever comes first. They don't normally fail early.

It makes sense to replace the water pump and auxiliary drive belt at the same time, so it's a fairly expensive job.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan