2001 Excessive troubles

Maybe I am just complaining, but I have a F250 4X4 super cab with a Meyers plow, and seem to be having way to many problems. 1. Automatic hubs: been fixed 2 or three times, replaced once and not working at the present. 2. Lower radiator hose clamp broke 2 times 3. Right power mirror quit. 4. Tail lights, marker lights, dash lights, and front parking lights all just quit.

Now, this truck is not 3 yrs old, and has just turned 20,000 miles. I purchased this in July 2001, so it is less than 3yrs old, and is still under warranty with around 20K on the odometer. I can't wait untill the warranty runs out!!! Am I just complaining, or does this seem excessive?

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Yep, seems a little excessive. I don't think your hub problem is very surprising, though, auto hubs are garbage, and you probably use them harder than most. I'd replace them with non-auto hubs.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Roger on the hub replacement. I got autos in my 2000 F-250 PSD because I bought it used and there they were. They will be replaced with manuals at the first sign of trouble. Plowing is hard on a drivetrain, not surprising that the auto hubs won't take it.

As far as the rad hose, there's a reason for that. Do you have a body lift? If not, check the body, rad and motor mounts. Somehow you're getting some stress that shouldn't be there my friend.

The electrical problems are odd. The mirror is possibly due to the plowing operation. Maybe spinning the right front while turned left and pelting the mirror with salty slush...just grasping here. The light problem is likely the headlight switch. Sucks to have a breakdown like that but a new switch should be covered under warranty and should fix things right up. Unless of course the salty slush is getting to your light wiring as well.

God Bless,

-BunnMan

Reply to
BunnMan

Reply to
Fred

Heard from the Ford dealer yesterday afternoon, as follows:- 1.Lights are out due to a short in the liscense plate lamps Don't have the parts, will order. 2. Mirror was due to a bad motor, again, don't have the parts, must order;. 3. Hubs need a new seal, just replaced about 5 weeks ago, have the parts, will install tomorrow. Keeping the truck overnight.

Also, in my first post I forgot to mention that the oil cooler broke and needed to be replaced about 6 months ago, again, didn't have the parts, waited 3 days.....

Reply to
Fred

My 2001 F250 has had the glow plug controller fail, a seat belt or air bag sensor fail, and a high pressure oil line burst. This is in about 25000 miles.

Reply to
Thomas Petterson