89 F150 clutch question

My clutch pedal is to low. There is also a sound like the throw out bearing when the clutch is released. Now I am getting an occasional popping noise when I press on the clutch. The clutch works fine and the truck drives fine.

I was thinking that the clutch master is part of the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks Ted

Reply to
Ted

Well that depends on what engine and what tranny you have, key info you neglected to include.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Sorry, my bad. 4.9 and 5 speed.

Reply to
Ted

Ok given that info I would suspect the slave, not the master. On the 5 speed tranny the slave is in the bellhousing actually slides over the input shaft and includes the throw out bearing. Wonderful design, not. Bear to bleed, prone to leakage, if leaking replace disc as well at minimum..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I think I found the cause of the popping noise. The clutch pedal linkage to the clutch master cylinder push rod bushing was coming apart. I picked one up at the parts store and will put it in later this week.

Ted

Reply to
Ted