97 Ranger check engine light

Hi Y'all,

Sometimes my check engine light comes on. A half a tank of higher octane fuel makes the light go out after just a few miles. Any ideas?

Thnx.

Reply to
Honka Honka Burnin' Love

mine has the same problem but it doesn't go out.

Reply to
Chris

Pull the codes (the Morons at Autozone or their ilk can do it for free) and see what the problem is.

Reply to
bomar

I had someone check my codes.. no codes came back but the light was on..

Reply to
Chris

If the Chicken In Engine light came on codes were set. They clear after x number of start cycles. The code readers at Autozone and such will not read all codes, either.

Reply to
bomar