05 Sonata stereo trim removal?

How do you remove the faux wood/plastic trim from around the stereo/AC? I'm going to be upgrading the stereo and I don't want to break what is probably a $100 part. Thanks for any info. I assume it has to come out to do this.

Reply to
mdufrene

Check for Phillips screws behind the ashtray. Other than that, it should snap loose. I have the best luck inserting a small screwdriver between the radio or heater control and the trim and prying out gently.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
mdufrene

There's always a danger. Just try to pry gently and pull as straight out as you can without twisting up/down or side/side.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I use my faux screwdriver.

Richard