2002 JGCL H.O.

Why does my 2002 JGCL 4.7L H.O. growl when you step on the gas? "It litteraly growls" Is it supposed to do that? And also when it's sitting idle it's how can I explain it? Sounds like a hum yeah that's it a hum and deffintely coming from exhaust. Is it supposed to hum like that? I have heard the Oveland sound like that. Anybody have any insight on theses strange sound coming out of my JEEP? I just dicovered the the high beams alternate like the po po have on their cars, don't know why is that either... But its Black in and out with chrome triming on the grille and those cragar looking 5 spoked chromed JEEP rims.We call her Black Betty very sweet.

--HM P.S. Is there a place in the news groups we can show off our jeeps?

Reply to
TechCityPC

That sounds like the exhaust pipes rattling against something underneath - maybe a loose heat shield on the cat vibrating?

Reply to
Will Honea

Went to JEEP and there was something loose that had nothing to do with the exhaust and it was fixed. The growl on the other hand I found out it is supposed to do that and the idling huming noise too. Turns out it has an "Over Land" Package installed. I told him I know of the Over Land Series but I didn't know what that meant and he said just don't go fast.

Over Land Package? Anyone? Please?

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC