Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Replace stock track bar on 2004 TJ with adjustable?
I want to replace the stock front track bar on my 2004 TJ with a Skyjacker Adjustable (SKU #RE34X34R) bar. I've called two suppliers and got two different answers - can I bolt this adjustable bar onto...
3
3

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Tempermental FM Radio Reception
Dear All, I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The first chrysler/jeep radio which was an AM/FM cassette player worked well for awhile until the FM station cut out and intermittently cut back in. I...
4
4

help! 95 XJ - growl at 40+ mph
Wife's 95 XJ - I6, automatic transmission Previously there was a clicking at low speed and growl at higher speed, inspection showed that both front axle U-joints were bad..... replaced them this...
17
17

'85 CJ7 repair problem
Hey, I discovered my jeep wouldn't start the other day... the battery was dead. When I tried to jump it, it wouldn't even turn over - but I heard a lot of clicking and there was some smoking near the...
5
5

nv3550 questions
My TJ has been hard to shift lately, and has been leaking fluid from between the transmission and engine. It isn't oil from the engine, I changed it and checked the levels constantly and it stays the...
21
21

Removing front seat in a 2005 TJ Wrangler??
I wanted to temporarily remove the front seat in my 2005 Wrangler Sport so I figured I would check this out on the web, Turns out that if you own a TJ from 2002 or older, this information is easily...
7
7

Bye, and cheap Cherokee FS
Sorry to say I've left the Jeep community. My lovely 1997 4l Cherokee was a great car but not great for towing a large trailer around. I've got an Isuzu Bighorn (import Trooper) - 3.1TDi and a good...
2
2

Jeep Grand Cherokee 1994 alarm problems
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 1994 that was purchased used without the keyless alarm. Some months ago, the drivers' side door lock failed to disarm the alarm, so I have been using the trunk to...
3
3

Fuel Pump Delay When Cold
Vehicle: 1993 Grand Laredo 4.0, 4wd, Automatic, Air 170,000 miles Engine codes: 12, 55 (using check engine light blinking) Note: The engine is never started during the following tests except where...
7
7

AMC 360 valve covers-different ones?
I'm wanna put some new valve covers on my 360, but in looking, at least on it says that the Edelbrock and Offys only go up to 1978 or 1979. Mine is from an '82 Wagoneer. D'ya think those'll work, or...
6
6

'89 YJ 4.2 fuel pump leaking oil?
I've had fuel pumps on other cars go on me, but this is the first time I saw one leak oil. Not around the gasket either! Usually they fail when they just can't get the fuel up to the carb. I guess...
13
13

Dj5-F electrical problems
I recently aquired a 78 Dj5 F from a freind. It was running great a year ago but he started going to school and didn't have time for it so i got it. When i turn the key nothing happens not a squeek....
48
48

NP231 Speedo housing bolt size
I installed a Tom Woods SYE today but a bolt broke off that holds the speedo housing to the front of the case. Would any of you know off hand the thread size and size of the bolt. I'm trying to avoid...
10
10

Dome light problem
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport. I am having problems with the dome light staying on and running the battery down. I have had it checked by my local jeep dealer and they say that they can't find...
2
2

97 Jeep Cherokee 4wd - 4wd Won't disengage
I have the 4 low - 2 high and 4 high options for the transfer case. My neighborhood isn't plowed normally so soem morning I have to start out in 4 high until I hit the main street. Then it might take...
48
48

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo kills while driving
I have change in the past week the ignition coil, crankshaft position senor, catalytic converter,oxygen sensorlocated on the converter, full tune up and the truck ran fine for a few days and today it...
30
30

4.0 L Core/Freeze Plugs
Hello - I recently replaced all five 2" core plugs on my 1997 4.0L Cherokee with brass plugs due to corrosion of the original steel ones. The Cherokee ran great for about two months, and then, under a...
33
33

Re: 93 GCL ZJ: Low idle, engine noise +other probs (long)
Update As of this morning (Tuesday), it appears the PS and Tr Case leaks are eliminated which is grreat. Also, an update on the engine "rattle". Apparently it only occurs after the engine starts to...
9
9

258 direct replacement for the dauntless??????
ok heres the story my father in law recently purchased a 71 cj5 with a seized up dauntless v6 in it and i would like to buy him a motor for it for him for christmas. i found a 258 for 100 dollars but...
8
8

95 ZJ Where is the engine ground strap located?
Looking for where the engine is grounded to the body, don't see any separate ground straps or any ground connections across the motor mounts.
4
4