Disassebly of a Detroit Locker

Hello There, I'm trying to understand how the Detroit Locker works, for that, I am planning to disassemble the brand new DL that just arrived to me, the question is, if it is very difficult to reassemble, is there anything that I should take into account?

any experiences??

Reply to
kion
30 years ago I took one apart that would produce a awful "think" while going is a straight line at slow speeds in a GMC carry all. About all you have to watch for is there's a big spring in the center. Is your locker in the differential or out. If it's in then you'll need to set the gear lash properly and I would suggest you not and find a good write up with pictures instead.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

I would suggest looking for a write up with pic on the web instead. Try calling the Detroit people, I am sure they would be happy to explain as much as they can.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep