Grrr.... I'm an idiot!

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Been there, was out fishing and locked the keys in the truck... thankfully I had my cell and was able to get ahold of someone with a spare. Now I carry a spare in my wallet at all times.

Jason Kavanaugh

Reply to
Jason Kavanaugh

I heard something along those lines once (a long time ago).... thought it was urban legend.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

But Mike, the government and electric power companies tell us that nuclear power plants are very safe.

(rolls eyes)

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

On Star only helps if your cell phone isn't locked in the vehicle with your keys ;-)

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

? Ok, I'll bite. What on earth for? To catch the ducks?

Not that I would personally do this, but the folkloric method for ducks and geese was always claimed to be small treble style fishing hooks inside corn kernels.

Or a BB gun, which every now and then does tempt me when the three wild ducks that have adopted us come by just before dawn and start their "come feed us dammit" quacking, followed by their "NOW! DAMMIT!" quacking a few minutes later.

Roughly 1/26/04 15:15, Kev> I heard something along those lines once (a long time ago).... thought it

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Can you win a new GM with your own On Star, or do you have to go to a dealer?

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

While they weren't listening in on you to make sure you're not going to do anything terroristic (ducks excluded, of course).

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

Wanna know something skeery?

Some cellular phones can do the same thing. Google E911

Remember, always wear that tinfoil hat. It's the satellites Man! they shoot messages into your head!! (1)

(1)

DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Real Jeeps have soft tops.

SORRY!!! I couldn't resist!!! Really, really, sorry. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Ever see what happens when you pop on of those tempered side windows with one of those spring load center punches? Guy was telling me that they are common rescue tools for his volunteer fire department - one pop and no more window, no flying glass pieces (and no busted knuckles!).

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
Will Honea

Compared to just about anything else in life, they are. I'd put the odds of dying from a Nuclear plant accident right up there with winning two mega million lottery's on the same day from the same store.

It's just like irradiated food, people are scared of it because they don't understand it... People will happily sit on the beach every day for a week absorbing massive amounts of radiation but put an irradiated apple on their table and they think they'll glow in the dark.

These same people then throw a frozen dinner in the microwave for 10 minutes.

Nothing can stop progress, but ignorance can sure put a damper on it.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

All cellular phones - if you have one your whereabouts is known to around

100yards for 2nd Gen and 15yards for 3rd gen.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Big Brother IS watching and listening!