Grrr.... I'm an idiot!

Reply to
twaldron

We were talking about breaking a window with the spark plug insulators. He was joking when he said it was "so you don't wake up the ducks".... because I was out duck hunting when it happened.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

My REAL jeep has a bikini top. The 2 hour drive in the CJ-7 in 10 degree weather kind of precluding me from taking it. No to mention I have to fix my leaky P/S AGAIN!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

At least the ducks maybe are eating all the 2 headed fish...

Mike

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I found a good duck recipe. Tried it a couple days ago.

I didn't have all the called for ingredients, so faked it a bit but it turned out excellent.

It is a ginger and cinnamon based sweet and sour marinade.

If you would like it, I can email it to you.

Mike

Mike Romain

Sure. I was gonna look online here and see what I found. I have 16 duck breasts in the freezer. Hope I like duck!

Cherokee.... I

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Reply to
Redge Egder

I think it's meant more for extracating yourself in a rollover or when submerging in water. Try breaking a window when you are under water! They had a news special on one night, and they mentioned a device like this for such occasions.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Hear hear!

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Perhaps. In the US we're having problems with emergency 911 location...if you dial 911 here for an emergency on a cellphone, ideally the screen at the 911 station will display your location as it does for a land line. But in most locals this system has yet to be put in place. So maybe in some places you can be located, but not all....yet.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The 911 issue is simply a lack of tying the computer systems of the cell companies together with the systems of law enforcement. The cell phone company can locate your position trivially since they need to do this to keep your service alive as you move from cell to cell. If you are within range of three cell towers, your position is trivially known. Even without that, suppose you are wanted for murder and are being driven around in a White Bronco...and realize that is how the LAPD knows exactly where you are.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

If I'm ever in that predicament, I'll make sure I hire the same lawyers, and once I'm acquitted I'll look for the real murderers...and I'll start by searching every golf course in the country...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep they had particularly good odds of winning so to speak.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5" 01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: probably from g. p. (abbreviation of general purpose) A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,

1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email) ___________________________________________________________

Reply to
twaldron