new scrambler & compass photos

New photos of the pending TJ scrambler and Compass:

(Try to just look at the photos and don't read the text, or you may wind up having a panic attack from the Chrysler CEO's comments about softening the jeep product line because "90% of drivers don't go off road.")

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

I actually believe this is a good article. They are actually echoing alot of the thoughts expressed here many times.

"You can't shift the whole brand. You still need core products, halo products that can go up and down the Rubicon Trail. But as long as there are a couple of halo products, maybe (brand extension) would work." ..... Many Jeep owners consider themselves off-road enthusiasts even if they do not take their vehicles off-road, Eberhardt says.

"I'd say 90 percent of the people who have a Jeep product have never taken it off road," he says.

But that doesn't mean those owners will accept a less traditional Jeep, Eberhardt says. .... The company has imposed performance standards on future Jeep vehicles. In any market class in which Jeep competes, the Jeep must represent best-in-class performance in areas such as fording water, climbing rocks, traction in sand and towing. ... "Jeep is the strongest of our brands in terms of what it stands for and the recognition,"

Reply to
Aaron Graham

It's true, isn;t it?

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo