Pink Kate

Save it for a couple of years. It will begin to make sense sooner or later. I think you're just too damn independent, to fit in anywhere, even in Montana.

That's not entirely a bad thing. ;^)

Earle

shooting.....had

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reagan was an actor by training and profession. Actor is another profession, like lawyer, where they are trained to persuade. He was good at it too. You have to learn to separate a convincing speaker, from a good argument.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Nathan.... wolves are not 'evil' they just do what wolves do naturally.....

All predators are territorial, human included, and routinely drive species that threaten their existence and livelihood.

But then that doesn't mean we have to tolerate it.

And Earle, ....... if one day you come home and find a pack of wild "insert name here" has been in your house you will feel a bit differently.

Reply to
billy ray

Coyote's (spell?) are not supposed to be here in the Central Piedmont of NC.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Heck, I would object to "tame" critters in my house, if they weren't mine. But Nate is not complaining about wolves or even cougars in the house. He's convinced that they all need to be exterminated, because of something he has seen, or what his rancher friends have told him. Too bad the post was cut off, before I got it. I'll bet it described feral dogs, as Bill's post did, or wolf/dog hybrids.

Earle

naturally.....

Reply to
Earle Horton

Well, we don't have wolves around here as far as I know but we do have coyotes. When we first moved here our neighbors had this annoying black lab. He was stupid, barked all the time ALL the damn time and would run until his heart exploded chasing sticks if he could get you to throw one for him. He was really kind of pathetic. I think that if someone had given him the attention he needed when he was a pup he might have been a good junting dog. Anyway...

They tied him up one night when they went out. Something they rarely did because he was known to get loose anyway.

When they got home they found him still tied to the tree and torn to pieces. A pack of coyotes killed him. I didn't much like the dog, but I wouldn't have killed him. Damned if I like the thought of any critter dying like that.

I see an occasional coyote cross our field in front of the house now and then and think that I ought to go grab my .22 and take a shot at it. Then I think to myself that those same stupid neighbors have a litter of pups down there that are starting to run in a pack and that maybe the coyotes will get them instead. Stupid people.

So, I don't shoot the coyotes cause they might do my dirty work for me.

I just hope that they don't get my cats.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I have been told, that coyotes will sometimes use a bitch in heat as bait to draw domestic dogs away from home, to where they can eat them. You have to remember, that dogs have been bred for thousands of generations, to be dependant on humans. They don't really have "wild sense" any more. I don't think that there is much worse, than people who have dogs, and don't take care of them.

I had a cat killed by coyotes once. Now I keep them all inside. But you knew that. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote

**snipped**

: > You advocate killing wolves, a federally protected species. : : thats not a crime earle. praising someone for putting a bullet into : something evil isnt illegal at all. :

Evil? Oh for pete's sake. That's almost the last straw.

: > Don't praise people who ride around with : > "Kill Wolves" bumper stickers, shoot at wolves, or poison them. : : its not illegal to praise them earle, anymore than it is to praise someone : for blowing up an abortion clinic. its not something i would do, but i can : appreciate those who would.

THAT is the last straw.

I think you have gone off your rocker Nate. I won't sit here and argue with you but I strongly disagree with you on both views.

An animal cannot be consciously Evil. Animals are driven by instinct.

Blowing up an abortion clinic is insane.

That's all I have to say about that.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Using a "bitch in heat" is a scene right out of "White Fang". Good movie, saw it this weekend with the grandson.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

it has nothing to do with "rural people". its "regular folks" who are tired of seeing both their game and their livestock slaughtered.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

my brother shot one recently in autryville, nc.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

heh....nah, i fit in up here (where "free" means FREE) pretty well.......cept with those californians that move in with the attitude that theyre going to "change things".

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

this doesnt negate his ability to follow his convictions.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

i saw an injured coyote limping on his front paw once. i stopped, got out, and shot him.

.....right in his other front paw. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

"On Thursday 18. April 1996 Ms. Patricia Wyman, 24 years old, was attacked and killed by five adult North American grey wolves (Canis lupus ssp.) at the HALIBURTON FOREST and WILDLIFE RESERVE"

"In northwestern Colorado, an 18-year-old girl was viciously attacked while bringing in milk cows, she screamed and her brother, who was nearby armed with a gun responded to the scene and killed the Wolf. The wolf was a healthy young animal barely full-grown."

from 2005

"It was likely wolves that killed an Ontario man in northern Saskatchewan earlier this week, the RCMP says."
> i wouldnt have a problem with it earle, if they ate what they killed. i>> didnt grow to hate wolves until i stumbled across>>

i didnt grow to hate wolves until i saw FIRST HAND the damage they cause to the eco system. if you looked at the pictures i posted of the elk herds, notice that you didnt see a single calf amongst them.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

you dont have to be conciously evil to be evil. i judge _anything_ by its actions. i deem you "evil" if you do "evil" things, i dont care if it were a conscious decision or not.

as is pulling a baby half out of the mothers womb before scrambling its brains just before running down to protest the execution of tookie williams. kill the baby, save the convicted killer......_thats_ insane.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier