Attn Kate: Liberty Suspension Kit

Hmmmmm.. Dyersberg TN is only a about 80 miles from where I live.

Wonder how much more tipsy it would make it on the highway they are recommending a 16" tire, I already have 17s on mine. So now I wonder what the benefit would be. The axel would still be in the same place. wonder if it would make the wheels and tires that I have now look dinky they are brand new, no sense changing the tires till they wear out.

Hmmmm....

*thinking* It might be nice to add to my Christmas list!

Thanks for the link Billy Ray

Reply to
Kate

Send them a note, The factory tires can probably be used.

Reply to
Billy Ray

I would worry more about alignment concerns. The kit appears to shim the front struts, from the top, by two inches. That is going to change front end geometry. I am thinking that it will increase camber, but I am not sure. I would consult an alignment shop before installing anything like this.

Earle

:

Reply to
Earle Horton

Good point Earle. Definitely research that should be done.

Reply to
Kate

Oh, I'm pretty sure that wht whole idea is t enable the use of a larger tire, but my point is, if they are only saying it is suited to a 16" then it would be a $350+ lift that wouldn't be a benefit.

Reply to
Kate

Unless they are saying that most Libertys will be delivered with 16 inch wheels.

The 17s were only available as an option on the Limiteds.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Is a strut lift really much different than a coil spring lift?

Reply to
Billy Ray

That is pretty high up for a low rider.Shouldn't the tires be tucked inside the fenders?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III
*big silly assed grin - sorta like the cat that ate the canary* Yea... I know ;¬D

They look real purty too!

Kate

: > -- : > Kate : > 2O|||||||O5 Liberty : >

: >

: > : > Wonder how much more tipsy it would make it on the highway : > : > they are recommending a 16" tire, I already have 17s on mine. So now I : > : > wonder what the benefit would be. : > : > The axel would still be in the same place. : > : > wonder if it would make the wheels and tires that I have now look : > dinky : > : > they : > : > are brand new, no sense changing the tires till they wear out. : > : >

: > : > Hmmmm.... : > : > *thinking* : > : > It might be nice to add to my Christmas list! : > : >

: > : > Thanks for the link Billy Ray : > : >

: > : > -- : > : > Kate : > : > 2O|||||||O5 Liberty : > : >

: > : >

: >

> : > : : > : > : -- : > : > : . : > : > : Billy snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.fuse.net (remove SPAM) : > : > : 2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic : > : > : Sharing is why we are all here....... or should be. : > : > : . : > : > : : > : > : : > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate
*wink*

Kate

: God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O : mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com : : Billy Ray wrote: : >

: > Unless they are saying that most Libertys will be delivered with 16 inch : > wheels. : >

: > The 17s were only available as an option on the Limiteds. : >

: > -- : > . : > Billy snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.fuse.net (remove SPAM) : > 2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic : > Sharing is why we are all here....... or should be.

Reply to
Kate

Ok smart ass... tell me what you know about this Jeep (other than the photo took ten minutes to download)

Splain the front end to me, and the whole "you have to remove the IFS to lift the Liberty" thing. I saw the second picture with the comparison. But I want the specifics on what is done, and why.

Play nice, or I'll bite you. ;¬D

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Did you see the new poster that just got an '02 Libby?

Reply to
Billy Ray

That's just not fair.

:

: Promises, promises. ;-)

c'mere - I'll pay up!

I'll check out the ... err...website... never mind. You must be able to download this stuff faster than I can... damn dialup!

: Kate wrote: : >

: > Ok smart ass... : > tell me what you know about this Jeep (other than the photo took ten minutes : > to download) : >

: > Splain the front end to me, and the whole "you have to remove the IFS to : > lift the Liberty" thing. : > I saw the second picture with the comparison. But I want the specifics on : > what is done, and why. : >

: > Play nice, or I'll bite you. ;¬D : >

: > -- : > Kate : > 2O|||||||O5 Liberty

Reply to
Kate