POLL: Transmissions - Wranglers

Ya know what I want? A dead pedal. hubs says he will put one in for me right away.

I miss that left foot brace.

I'm having trouble seeing what you are referring to in the photo , could you 'splain it to me?

Thanks.

Kate

: > Is this your Jeep Bill?

Reply to
Kate

Yeah Bill, I'll remember that next time I take the Jeep on the strip :-/

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I think I paid around $95 each for the LTX M/S version in 30x9.5 inch. They're great for dry/wet pavement and snow; haven't tested them in deep mud yet, but the tread is pretty blocky with wide channels, so I'm sure they'll work fine.

If they don't, then I probably have no business being there to begin with.

I could have gone either way on the spare. Money was tight and I had a tough time justifying the purchase of a tire that would probably spend its entire life just hanging off the back doing nothing. I have a fire extinguisher hanging off the roll bar doing the same thing, so I decided what the hell: spend the bucks and do it right. Doing something half-ass has never suited me in the past, no sense in starting now.

Reply to
JD Adams

LOL. I wish!

I thought about getting my guide license when I was out of high school, but it just didnt work out that way. I used to horse pack every summer out near Hells Canyon when I was a teenager.

Nope, I was young and stupid and ripped my body up good back then doing powerlifting. While I never regretted doing it for those 6 or so years, I certainly do regret all the damage done. This year is the big 4-0 and I am feeling it... actually have been for years already. Some things just dont ever heal from repeat damages. I quit lifting when the doc put it this way, "do you want to compete for another couple of years, or do you want to (hopefully) walk for the rest of your life"?

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Auto comes with better gears anyway. :-D

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Sounds good.. but remember, it's only a 3.8L. I don't know if 190hp thru an AODE will do it for you, seeing as you were used to 325hp thru a T-45....

Carl

Reply to
Carl

LOL! Ok

: > I'm looking at autos, have driven them and they (it was an accident I : > SWEAR) : > will bark the 31's no problem. : > I think it willl be just fine but I didn't want to get one with an auto : > and : > find out that they are notorious for some problem or another. : >

: > I have had 4WDs in both and truthfully, preferred the auto BUT that was in : > pickemup trucks and Blazers, not a Jeep. : >

: > Everyone is great for all of the info they are giving. : >

: > Thanks :) : >

: > Kate : >

: >

: > : > Hell, it's not forever. If It heals up - and I hate the auto - in a : > few : > : > years, maybe I could trade it off LOL : > : >

: > : > Kate : > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

WOW! that's a pretty serious choice!

The big 4-0 ... *sigh* You're still a punk kid - Evil sock boy said so! HAH! See! My guesses were closer than one might have thought huh! And I KNOW about that cheerleading costume you hide in the bottom drawer LOL!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

It'll burn em, it's a 4.0 in the Rubi.

and it has a lot of torque and... it's *sigh* just sooooooooooooooooo pretty

You and your friend are welcome! We have plenty of room.

Kate

: >

: > : >

: > : > Well... : > : > A Wrangler. : > : >

: > : > Love the Libby, but I NEED to get the top off of something soon or I : > am : > : > going to lose my mind. : > : >

: > : > Kate : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate
5 wheel rotation JD! oh, I need an extinguisher.... and a jack and a......

oh lord,

Reply to
Kate

I meant my car only has the 3.8L. The Rubi will have plenty of power for you!

shoot an e-mail to carl s a i y e d at hotmail dot com and we'll talk more about stopping by.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The Excursion is drive by wire. I'm still not used to the pedal coming back to idle position when engaging the cruise control.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Tom,

Here's a pic of the spring that was missing on the TJL...

Sorry don't have the part # but it was about 5 bucks at the dealer.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Thanks Matt. I would appreciate a photo. My reply email address is good.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

Interesting. That tab and mounting plate is used with the auto tranny kickdown cable. Must be the throttle body needs a bit more sproing for standard transmissions.

That part you can get at a hardware store, probably just have to bend a hook in the end. Or maby a few rubberbands. :)

Reply to
DougW

Yep, mine is missing. I also looked on the dealer's lot today at 2 other '06 Wranglers, and they had no second spring. Maybe this is one of Jeeps "improvements" for '06??

Thanks for the photo. I will be at the Jeep dealer soon ordering that spring.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Hmmm....

"I need to get the top off something"

That sounds very interesting. :)

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It IS Tom it IS! It was mid 60s today and aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't take it any more!

Reply to
Kate