POLL: Transmissions - Wranglers

There should be but it sounds like they may have stopped installing the backup spring.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Jerry Bransford

I agree, but it was the backup spring that was missing from my TJL and one of the other posters mentioned he looked at several new TJ's on a dealer's lot and the backup springs were not included on them either. Without that backup spring the pedal can get very sensitive and harder to control.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Jerry:

I looked at 5 new 2006 Wranglers on the dealer's lot and none had the second, backup spring. My '06 Rubi does not have one.

I checked with my dealer parts department, and the '06 do not use a backup spring. I asked the parts guy to check for a spring on an '04, and his specs showed one, so I ordered it for my '06 Rubi.

Part number is: 52078102-AB. $4.85 list price. He had to order it for me, and it is due in Wednesday.

Hopefully, this will fix my overly sensitive throttle problem at low speed, over bumps.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Hey, I've been wondering what the problem with the touchy throttle on my '05 TJL was! I took a look at mine, and sure enough, no primary return spring!

For those who aren't sure what we're talking about, take a look:

http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams/returnspring2.jpg My throttle is WAY too damn sensitive. Now I know why. Which way should the new spring hook into the bracket? I will be ordering one today as well.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote

*snipped for shocked factor*

" I need to do my annual engine washdown."

ANNUAL engine washdown?

I clean my engine compartments about once every 6 weeks!

Shame on you.

Reply to
Kate

Nicely illustrated JD! I got mine before I left the dealership, will prolly install it tomorrow when we finish converting from hardtop to soft top.

Reply to
Kate

My kids aren't tall enough to reach the engine compartment yet, when they are it will be a weekly thing.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

LOL. Damn Matt, you are a sick puppy. By that time the Jeep will be worn out.

: > "Matt Macchiarolo" wrote : > *snipped for shocked factor* : >

: > " I need to do my annual engine washdown." : >

: > ANNUAL engine washdown? : >

: > I clean my engine compartments about once every 6 weeks! : >

: > Shame on you. : >

: >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Billygoat takes pictures of other people's stuff and lets people think they're his until he's confronted about it. Billy's a slime.

BTW, dub.com is a REAL domain so you're actually forging it, likely without intending to. Mail to snipped-for-privacy@dub.dub.dub.com would end up in the snipped-for-privacy@dub.com mail box.

Might I suggest making it dub.dub.dub.c0m? That way you're not forging.

Reply to
Joeseph P. Blow

dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.octanews.net!teal.octanews.net!blackhelicopter.databasix.com!not-for-mail

.
Reply to
Pink Freud

.