Re: Getting Rhinoed... anything I need to be careful of?

the only part I was not happy with was the bumpers, I think i "did" it off road, but the liner sticks to it self better then it stuck to the bumper, so it started to peel off (very small, but pealing non the less)

for bumpers I would take it and have them powder coated, or sand blast them and use POR on them.

I think Linex or rino would be better on bumpers,

But the Herc was great in the tub. . .

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

Just stopped by my local Rhino guy to see how much they charged. The response was "you'll have to wait for a manager because that is a custom job" I then asked how much (ballpark) would it be and he responded "I'm not sure but I know Jeeps normally start around $1000.00.

Sheesh.....

Reply to
Harkin Banks

Hey, save yourself $500 and have it Line-X'd here in Omaha...

Reply to
Eric

I'm with Brand here, a grand is a lot to pay for a custom job where each and every application is a custom job. You have issues relative to masking off places where you don't want the lining to go, but the amount of lining material is less than all but the smallest of truck beds. Surely, you need less material than a full size long bed truck, and I am sure they will charge you the same. You can avoid most of the cost of masking if you do as much of it as possible, or remove the stuff they have to mask. Take out everything but the driver seat, and take that out when you get to the place where they are applying the lining, then all they have to mask is the line on the floor between the front and back, or across the area in the front footwells where the pedals are, and around the top edge of the tub, pretty much the same as they do for truck beds.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You can buy a can of do-it-yourself spray-in liner much cheaper. It goes on right over the paint, no prep work necessary.

Hiring someone to do this is like paying a plumber to fix a leaky gasket in your toilet tank: It's really not that hard, and you can do it on your own for maybe 5% of the price.

Reply to
E.L. Lambert

well, watch it flake off after a while if you don't rough up the paint.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo