Tow bar question

Do tow with the transfer case in neutral, transmission in gear (manual) or park (automatic).

Don't tow with transfer case in gear, unless you want to have to replace the transmission.

Don't back up, unless you know exactly what you are doing and you can see the front wheels of the TJ in your mirrors.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I am considering hardware to attach to a 99 TJ so I can tow it with my GC.

Any do's or don'ts?

Larry Greenwood

Reply to
Larry Greenwood

Do unlock the steering column. Mine now has no locking feature because I forgot this step . Funny thing is that I have been flat towing for years. In a momentary lapse of reason, I overlooked this simple, but necessary step.

Reply to
BrackneyC