Wheel interchangability question.

OK, I have stock 15" rims with 31X10.5" tires on my CJ5. I want to go with a larger tire and was going to go with some new wheels, too. I also have an '86 F-150 that is stock, and the tires are worn out on it. It occurred to me that it also has 15 inch, 5-lug wheels like the Jeep. I just measured the distance between the center of adjacent studs on the wheels and got about 3.25" on both the Jeep and the pickup truck. I'm thinking that if I point out to my wife how the tires are worn out on the truck and that it won't pass inspection in February, but that I could move the wheels/tires from the Jeep (those tires are in great shape) to the truck that it might make it a little easier for her to take when I tell her I'm about to drop probably over a grand into wheels/tires for the Jeep. Since I'm lazy I don't wanna go try to put a wheel off of the Jeep on the truck to see if it would fit so I was wondering if any of y'all know off of the top of your head if this would be a direct swap or not. :-P Thanks!

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I believe I've seen CJ wagon wheels on a Ford before....should be a straight bolt on.

Reply to
Onlyinajeepcj7

You actually make that measurement from opposite lugs, not the next one around. On the CJ it's called 5 X 5 1/4" pattern. And yes, I believe it is the same pattern as a Ford 5 lug.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Sorry... typo - should be 5 X 5 1/2"

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

And to more precise:

JimG

Reply to
JimG

If you are near central NJ, I might want one of your old 31s for a spare. It would save you the disposal fee . Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Your CJ wheels will probably fit the Ford, but the Ford rims won't fit the CJ. The offset isn't the same and they'll bind.

Oh, wait. Does your `76 have disk or drums for front brakes? If you have drums the Fords might indeed fit.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:51:53 -0500, Lee Ayrton shared the following:

Drums, but I don't even want to put the ford rims on the CJ so I'm not worried about that. I was just worried about whether or not the rims on the Jeep would work on the Ford. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I don't know what the Ford has, but the Jeep has a bolt pattern that is called 5 on 5.5. There are 5 lug bolts on a 5.5" circle. For comparison only, the YJ and TJ use a 5 on 4.5.

Your question is, what is the bolt pattern on the Ford?

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yes, but those Real Jeep rims are real 16", not 15".

Unfortunately, they don't fit on disk brake CJs.

--=20 "doing whatever it took to capture world marketing shares, even as far as having multiple satellites circling the globe to ensure complete coverage and maximum profit potential."

Tealady spills the beans on AFU's new business plan.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)