Winches

Wouldn't their 'artificial' airbags protect them in the crash?

Reply to
SB

I haven't tried 'yet' but I don't think fresh water will have any effect on the battery other than to dilute the acid if left there too long.

Otherwise every time I get my running lights or headlights under water I would be blowing fuses.

I have never heard of anyone blowing fuses on a water crossing....

I mean we sunk this guy 'really' good when he tried to follow me and his headlights were still burning away when we pulled him out....

Mike

SB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The funniest part about this entire threaed is how easy it was to get Bill frothing at the mouth!

Reply to
Jerry McG

Ummm, not quite Nathan. Amperage makes no difference in this situation. 12 volts is 12 volts and if presented with a low enough resistance (which fresh water is not) will draw excess current. Now if we were dunking these items in saltwater it might be a different story.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Of course, it is in addition to a big winch, snatchblocks, chains, straps, etc. I have used both winch and comealong in righting another Jeep, without losing it downhill.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Lots of people.

Are the stock winches by Mopar any

Yes.

Can I do better?

Yes

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

isn't that "Two to Tango"??

Reply to
Jo

Reply to
twaldron

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:36:53 -0700, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by L.W.(ßill) Hughes III :

No floats in Solex carbs? OK...

Reply to
Bob Casanova

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:36:19 GMT, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "SB" :

Saltwater will. Freshwater (usually) won't; it's not a very good conductor.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

One shots. You won't go far with one of those...

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain