Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Another automotive technician eats his words
I had been trying to track down a random miss in my 89 XJ (4.0 Renix, auto) for the past year ... yeah, it was that random. Then it finally became somewhat regular with the engine cutting out at...
4
4

trying a server out since teranews has gone belly up
Please excuse the test post but I haven't been able to post for a long time. Thanks! Budd
1
1

weird - no posts since 12/2014
happen to notice that our NNTP server doesn't have anything for this group since 12/2014 -
7
7

2001 GC negative battery cable
Have a 2001 GC - mostly comes out in Chicago area winters... Several years ago, the "negative" battery terminal corroded, and was cut, and attached with a clamp-style cable connector. Now, after a few...
2
2

will the wheels fit off a 53 willys on a 93 cherokee
just wanting to know

'98 Wrangler, no reverse when cold
Please help me understand this. Five or seven years ago I I bought a high mileage Wrangler with a standard 3-speed automatic transmission. After two changes of filter and transmission fluid and minor...
2
2

Who woulda thunk . . . .
The engine on my 89 XJ (renix 4.0) would run better with 92 XJ (Mopar 4.0 HO) injectors. Did an injector swap today and had a bit of difficulty with O-Rings wanting to slice on the fuel rail end but...
5
5

Renix random engine cranking without starting problem .... SOLVED!!!!
Yep, and it had bugged me for a couple months now: I'd try to start my 89 XJ with the (numerous expletives considered but not said) Renix MFI and it would crank fine but no start. Always before it...
4
4

97 ZJ Electrical Problem
Power windows and power locks don't respond to any of the door controls on any door. Locks do lock and unlock with the remote. Power mirror on drive r's door doesn't work (the one on the passenger...
3
3

arg.. st00pid wiper motor
93ZJ.. silly rear wiper motor decided to run all by itself. Probably a short somewhere, but for now pulling fuse#9 will keep it put. Intertubes not helping much, but then again most things I can find...
7
7

2007 Grand Cherokee, r.p.m/speedometer needles bounce back and forth
2007 grand Cherokee speedometer/rpm gauges needles bounce back and airbag light in dash comes windows act funny,the turn signal in dash sometimes works and sometimes does types of in instrument panel...
2
2

2001 cherokee sport. Brake fluid leak. Fixed it. How do I reset my Brake Light?
My son replaced rear wheel brake cylinder. Works fine now. How do I make the brake light go off. 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L
1
1

1997 ZJ 5.2 clunking and vibrating
The ZJ has been vibrating a bit for a while. Last week it got progressivel y worse and in a parking lot I felt a distinct side-to-side component at ar ound 5-10 mph--I stopped and checked the lug nuts...
5
5

93 jeep Cherokee sport runs very bad.
We have just bought this car. we were told that the problems were caused by a faulty catalytic converter, But after replacement we are still having the same problems. Rough starts, rough idle,...
1
1

97 ZJ Cranks, won't start
97 ZJ 5.2 Limited. Was fine yesterday, this morning got in to go to work and it cranked like c razy but wouldn't start. Checked codes, showing 12, 21, 55. Checked all u nderhood fuses, all good....
3
3