6.2 V8 diesel

LOL Ha Ha :-)

Don't know about 33 Ltr Griffon but I do have a Rover Meteor V12 and 27 Ltr's probably sounds the same He He. cant get it in my 88" though ;-( Engine is 7 foot long where would I sit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

But you can do, or attempt to do this with any vehicle. Frankly attempting to install a 6.2 diesel in a Land Rover is just plain childish. Just not sensible. But then, it seems this a fantasists topic and I am just a boring down-to-earth kind of guy who prefers the 'doable' to the sublime.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

There's an N14 rated at 625hp idling outside the door as I type this - next up for me is to take it for a wash - 8:30am on a public holiday so I should wake up the neighbours.

Reply to
EMB

Too heavy and too hard on the driveline. Maybe look at the 4.2l 6 cyl Nissan?

Reply to
EMB

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Naw you want a *REAL* engine. 7,780hp per cylinder, 14 cylinder straight has a capcity of 25,480l and produces 108,920hp and 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm only uses 1,660 gallons per hour.

Bit big for yer average landie though. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Freightliner Argosy truck - we've got a few more hills than you have so there are quite a few high-horsepower tractor units here.

Reply to
EMB

And some ex-NASA ceramic tiles for the front, a G-suit, one pair of dice (furry, on strings), a couple of blue LED's for your windscreen washer jets and some of those things that keep your wiper blades in contact with the windscreen. On second thoughts, forget the LED's - I was being silly. ;)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

And you tell that to kids these days....

Reply to
wayne

Unfortunately Cummins don't market the ISX in the UK at all, the biggest we get here is the ISM!

Reply to
SimonJ

the only difference between the xublime and the doable is cash and determination in varying quantities.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

And in this country a garage helps a lot unless you are use to getting wet and cold most of the time :-)

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Yeah, but with an engine weighing 2,300tons (Jeeeeees, that's heavier than a

4203/4236!!!!) you'd need to fit airbags within the springs to cope with the extra sprung weight, surely? Badger.
Reply to
Badger

Someone here claims to have put one in a mini

John Page

I think they are referring to a mini as in mini puller as apposed to a big tractor puller but what a site in a real mini, perhaps it would fit in a Cooper between the two fuel tanks !!!!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Oh yea, I know all about that (no garage here).

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Common sense must come into it somewhere. Probably a lack of it allows the start, but not the completion, of various dubious projects. Some of the engines mentioned in this string weigh nearly as much as the Land Rover less an engine and some of the engines only rev to 2000 or so. If anyone wants one of these then they can already buy them installed in an application which is designed for them or for which they are designed....... heavy trucks, tractors, locomotives and such like. If you must have a 400hp 14litre engine then you can buy an old artic tractor unit with one installed for less than a grand and have all the fun you like with the potential for all the tinkering you like while it is all doable.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

A friend of mines got a Rolls-Royce Griffon running on methanol, estimated at about 4000hp, in a tractor that sounds awesome

Not quite landrover material I think

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Hi all, well my Meteor sound great without any manifolds straight out of the heads flames as well :-)))) got and old SIII 88 going to try and fit it for a laugh see how much of the drive train I can blow in one go !!!!!!!!! Going to sit in a trailer to drive it or I will have to add about 4 feet in the chassis somewhere..

Rich

at about 4000hp,

Reply to
Rich

If you find any units with 14 litre Cummins in for less than a grand, let me know! (The engine alone is selling for about £2000 for export, running or not!)

Reply to
SimonJ